Sunday, September 2, 2012

20 days: 18.12 in the books

The 18.12 challenge is now over. The run went surprisingly well and I am very happy with my performance. It started at 7am, i got up at 5 but my stomach wanted nothing to do with breakfast. So I drove out and started my Powerbar gel fueled journey. I was pleasently surprised at how well it went. I had a great, fun run. The race was very well organized. Water and Gatoraid ever 2 miles and port a potties every 4 miles. People along the route cheering really helped with motivation. I think I had a goofy grin the time. I'm feeling surprisingly ok for a long run. My left leg is sore and is receiving a RICE treatment. Tom is making dinner as I type! I'm very fortunate to have a supporting husband. Tomorrow I plan on taking it easy and tending to house chores unless my left leg is fine. Then I might do a little workout. 6 days until the Super Spartan in New Jersey. I need to get some hills in this week!!!

Official 18.12 Challenge results!


Time: 02:42:49.91
Overall 67 out of 183
4 out of 17 in my age group. (30-34 F)


Looks like my headband is off lol


No comments:

Post a Comment