Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spear Pressure

Another great accessory for the Obstacle Course Racer is a spear. Not that I don't love burpees, but this year I'm hoping to skip them and not toss the spear like a girl. What better way to practice then by making my own?!? By make my own I mean ask my husband nicely to make one for me.

This is the You Tube video I used to make mine. But I'm going to post my pictures anyways, cause this is my blog.

Spear

Materials:
Some type of  handle. An old rake or in my case a mop. 
A 12 inch bridge nail (About 70 cents at Home Depot and a confused cashier)
A drill with a 3/8" bit
A sawzall
A hammer.

 Step 1: For me I had to remove the mop head attachment.


 Step 2: Drill a hole  with a 3/8" bit. Make sure to stay straight and go in a few inches. Insert "that's what she said" joke here. Notice the man hands in the pictures. I am probably not legally allowed to handle power tools.


Step 3: Saw off the head of the nail. Again in this case it's best that my husband did it. 




Step 4: Insert cut off end of nail into hole so that it's snug. Tap it a few times with a hammer to make sure it's in there. You can duct tape it if you want to give it a bit more hold. 
Step 5: Hold spear in manly fashion with pride but stand just off camera. This step is optional.


There we have it. Use caution when tossing this spear because it's a spear. Next step is putting an ad on craigslist for some hay bales and play the waiting game...

This game sucks! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment