Friday, January 4, 2013

The Workout: There and Back Again.


Pre Workout
 30 degrees, high wind advisory and uncleaned sidewalks. If this is the recipe for a great run then I don't know what is. I had the brilliant idea to run the YMCA to do my workout today in those conditions.I must imagine that running in the snow is like running on a beach. I must because thinking i'm actually running in the snow is depressing. The snowy sidewalks provided great resistance and the piled up snow from plows on the street corners were perfect hurdles. I managed to run the 3 miles to the Y and only face plant in a snow bank once.So yeah, success!
Tough Girl there at the Gym

Here is my token tough girl at the gym picture. I was told on Facebook that not only must I announce my workouts in my status  to make them count, but also i must take a picture in the mirror with the weights. There goes one thing off my bucket list. I'm not going to go into detail with how I blasted my shoulders but needless to say it was great. It's crazy how fast you can fall out of shape and lose the bug. I think i've been sitting on my butt since Thanksgiving. Coincidentally that's the time my husband became unemployed. I don't want to say that it's his fault but it's his fault right?! Apparently we like to eat and be merry when we are together. Like I've said time and again, there is no use crying over spilled milk. I've put on 15lbs and lost my umph. But, eh... I am putting that aside and will focus on racing again.  I won a Spartan season pass and I really want to make it count this year. My goal is that by the end of the race season I will be able to actually place well in my races. It wont be easy. I am in my graduating semester at school and my husband is leaving for Afghanistan in February (tentatively). It will be a challenge with a 2 and 3 year old but I have plenty of support to make it happen. Hopefully i'll find my waist line while hubby is gone. So here I go again on my own...

Back again.

Back home again after 3 miles of beach like snow obstacle running. If Spartan Races ever happened in the snow i think I'd own it. My workout plans are to go to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will run or do cardio Tuesday and Thursday. One weekend day will be for a long run or what ever I can squeeze in. Here's to a great 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Go Tanya Go! You inspire me so much. While I have no plans on running.. even to the phone ;) I do plan on doing the 30 day bodyrock.tv challenge that is coming up. I am couch potato extreme, and to see you hitting it makes me think maybe I can too, in my way! :)

    Cheering for you from Canada!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete