Sunday, August 26, 2012

26 days: Run, shoes, and lines.

I wont lie, I'm getting a bit freaked out on how close all these races are getting. Time to taper off the running and let my IT band get less angry with me. I need to work on my arm and core muscles anyways. I went out with a bang for my last long run though. Today I ran to the park with the kids, let them play/did some pull ups and ran back home for a total of 17 miles. I had a hard time with the last 3 miles.It was so hot today and my IT band was so angry. I popped a few Tylenol and walked/run the last 3. To celebrate I had Chipotle..my Achilles heal!

I posted when I got my new shoes here. Not even a month ago. Well today i noticed a hole/crack by the pinky toe. I didn't catch them on anything, it appears that the outer mesh is cracking when it folds. This makes me so sad. I really love Saucony because they are nice and wide. I don't need to buy 5 sizes up to accommodated my hobbit feet. I've had no issues with my Xodus shoes. I looked it up online and apparently this is common with Kinvara 2. I'm going to be calling the company tomorrow and see what cant be done. This is not acceptable.



Next order of business is these sexy tan lines all this running is giving me. Behold exibit A, the headband tan and raccoon eyes from squinting.


What says sexy more than a Jersey shore brown leg and a pasty white thigh?

But I digest. Literally. That Chipotle is also angry apparently. If you havent notice my ticker to the right I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL!! And them some!!! My registration fee, accommodations and fuel are covered!! If I do get any extra funds I will upgrade my camping spot to a hotel room. Nice hot shower might do me good after 26.2 miles of mud fun. I am seriously spoiled with such great family and friends. I hope to do you all proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment