Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 26 Spartan on a budget

With hubby's end of service coming up frugal has to be my middle name. I try my best to do workouts that are free to cheapo at home. I even run with the kids in the stroller to save on gas. However there are certain things that I will need for the Ultra Spartan. Hydration pack with some storage. I have a Camelbak from when I was enlisted. I love it, it holds 3L and is sturdy. It doesn't have storage though and doesn't tie at the waist. So with the help of my MacGyver husband I added the fanny pack from the army assault pack. It works, yes i'd love a pack that has storage built in but I will make due with what I got. I'm happy to just be there!


I can tighten the pack more depending on contents.

For the record this pack is sexy and well priced. I might convince my husband that I need it. lol


I have pretty much everything else. I need a headlamp cause apparently i might be out there over 12 hours. I also want water purifying tablets because my biggest concern is being thirsty. That's what really brought me down at the Beast at Mont Ste Marie.  I already bought a box of Gel packs for all my races coming up. I'll make another post closer to race day with my full packing list. I'm trying to get the bigger things out of the way in case i need to order something online and wait for delivery. There is only so much you can buy at Dicks in the little town of Watertown.

No comments:

Post a Comment