Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 18 Dog gone day

Did a small 4 mile run today. Mental note when deciding to do the monkey bars best hit them at the beginning of the run and not the end when your hands are all sweaty. The run started off heart breaking. There was a lady holding on to a stray dog in the parking lot. She asked me if i've ever seen him and I hadn't. He was a gorgeous Shepherd mix, he was either hit by a car or had some sever mange on his hind quarters, bad ear infection, his nails were curled and his gums bleeding. He was someone's pet at some point cause he listened to commands like sit.  If you know me you know I cant just do nothing. I called around but it was past 7 and everything was closed. I scanned Craigslist from my Iphone and didn't find a lost dog looking like him. Thankfully the lady said she would take him in till tomorrow. I offered my number to help and she refused. I hope puppy finds his home or a new home!! On a happier note the usual older couple I see on the trail was there today again. They dont have a dog but the older gentleman had doggy treats for a little pooch that said hi to him. There are still people out there that give me hope for mankind.

Run

4 miles at a 9 min/mile pace


No comments:

Post a Comment