Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 24: Move it Move it

Today we are going to help some friends move. I'll either be wrangling up some kids or trying to sneak in a good workout by lifting heavy things! I'm also planning a stop at the ropes on post to see if I can climb to the top. My goal at my Spartan races is to not fail at the rope climb. A failed obstacle is 30 burpees. Although I've grown quite proficient at burpees I rather conquer the rope!! Tomorrow I am going to run the course for the 18.12 race. Then taper down my running until race day September 2nd. I'm going to focus a lot more on upper body strength and getting in as much training before the Ultra Beast. I honestly pulled off a bit for fear of hurting my IT band. But I need to suck it up now and push harder (safely) and get Ultra Beast ready.

I'm already nervous and freaked out at the preparation leading up to this race. The facebook group has people spending rediculous amounts of money on shoes, hydration packs and other things. I think some people  I am going in my old torn Zig Techs and my old Army issued Camelbak. I am trying to come to terms with the idea that every one does these races for their own reason. Someone had commented that they are letting too many people in. I felt bad because i'm by no means an elite athlete nor do even plan on coming in first (or first hundred for that matter). I took some time to think about it and realized we are all racing for our own reasons. My goal is to simply finish this thing. It starts at 8 am with a cut off of 10pm. So that's my goal, the housewife and mother of two to cross that finish line before getting kicked off.

I need to go feed the kidlets and get ready to move it move it! I'm sure i'll post tomorrow about the pratice run. Have a great weekend and remember that i'm a beggar with a donation ticker to the right of this page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment